[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create vpb channel

Steven Kawuma kawuma at dsmagic.com
Mon Feb 9 11:24:15 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm using a voicetronix openswitch6 card with asterisk. When I try to
dial the vpb phone from my application, I get t he following error:

-- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1",
"vpb/1-9|10|mtT||/usr/local/sbin/parlix_dial_event 2 196") in new stack
    --  1-9 requested, got: [None]
NOTICE[524311]: File app_dial.c, Line 506 (dial_exec): Unable to create
channel of type 'vpb'

What does it mean? Below is my vpb.conf:

[interfaces]

echocancel = on
board = 1

context = agents

; Note that V6PCI channel numbers start at 7!
mode = fxo
channel = 7
;channel = 8

mode = dialtone
;channel = 11
;channel = 12

--
 Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt,
             and dance like you do when no one is watching.