[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard and fxo suggestion.

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Sun Feb 8 20:39:49 MST 2004

Assuming US, since your email address has a state in the domain. There are
other options for EURO ISDN countries.

8 is a lot for POTS lines, if your Telco can give you a fractional T1 for
the same or a little bit more, you will be much better off, digital call
handling, one T100P card ($595?) instead of 8 X100Ps ($792?).

> And is X100P the only card available? I'm looking for
> multiple pots line
> cards.

If T1 isn't an option, move :-)
If moving isn't an option...

Digium has a 4 FXO card in the works, if you can wait a bit (several weeks?,
few months?)
Voicetronix Openline4 + Openswitch6/12 have Asterisk channel drivers
(chan_vpb), don't know what features are missing.
Various hardware boxes handle FXO->SIP (Mediatrix?)

> I'm trying to avoid irq conflicts as well as have a superstable box.

The advantage of digital over POTS is that Asterisk is signalled when events
happen (remote end pickup/hangup busy/ringing) rather than trying to work it
out from tones/pulses, which is what humans have to do (and are a lot better
at it).

Cheers,
Woody