[Asterisk-Users] Speex == Screech using version 1.1.4

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 8 15:07:12 MST 2004

I just downloaded and built the latest "beta" version of Speex, and it
appears to be the case that the 1.1.x versions do not work with
asterisk.  Just to be sure, I built the 1.1.4 (both with and without the
fixed-point option) on two servers so I could test using the same codecs.

All calls made that way yielded a horrid screeching, although by
listening creatively the content was there, beneath the screeching.

On a broader note, I would love to try to play with the
very-low-bandwidth versions of Speex.  I could have sworn I saw things
on the bugtracker some weeks back on that topic, but I can't find them
anymore.

Anyone?

Thx.

B.