[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail/Playback Questions

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Feb 8 09:59:26 MST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 06:27, Steven Ringwald wrote:
> We are using a SCSI based IBM eServer x300 for our PBX. In setting
> this unit up, we used a backup machine, which
> was IDE only.
>
> The problem that we are currently experiencing is that the voicemail
> prompts are coming out the system so fast that the words overlap each
> other, and sometimes are unintelligable. For instance:
>
> "The person at extension 7-0-0-1 is unavailable" might come out as
> "The at 7-0-1 unavailable".
>
> This issue appears unique to the SCSI system, and did not occur with
> the IDE-only machine. It also is not limited to just
> voicemail, but all files run through Playback()

Sounds like one of your libraries is buffering output and is returning
too soon.  Are you running exactly the same distribution/version on
each?  Perhaps one got an online update and the other did not?  That's
the only thing I can think of that would cause this type of trouble.

I wouldn't suspect hardware differences, as it sounds like you're using
Digium hardware for both, where it matters.

-Tilghman