[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID is being sent wrong. How to fix it?

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat Feb 7 15:31:11 MST 2004

Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
> That is real interesting.  It seems to work just fine for me.  Though, I am
> running straigh out of CVS, but older than 0.7.2 release.  My SIP phones
> (Grandstream) see CallerID just fine and my co-worker's SIP phones (Cisco 7960)
> work also.
>
> Can you send your extensions.conf?  It has to be something in there.

The portions that have anything to do with the two extensions I'm testing
with are:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[default]
exten => john,1,Dial(SIP/100,20)

[voicemail]
exten => 8500,1,Ringing
exten => 8500,2,Wait,1
exten => 8500,3,VoicemailMain2(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 8500,4,Hangup

exten => 8501,1,Ringing
exten => 8501,2,Wait,1
exten => 8501,3,VoicemailMain2
exten => 8501,4,Hangup

exten => 8502,1,Ringing
exten => 8502,2,Wait,1
exten => 8502,3,Voicemail2(u${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 8502,4,Hangup

[extensions]
exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/100,20)
exten => 100,2,Voicemail2(u100)