[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID is being sent wrong. How to fix it?

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat Feb 7 15:19:02 MST 2004

I just set up an X-Lite client on extension "2222" and it shows the same
behavior.

Further information:

When I call the X-Lite extension "2222" from my Cisco 7960 (extension 100),
I get the following in the "recent calls" list:

Name: Test
SIPURL: 2222 at 66.35.64.38
ProxyID: ENTERZONE

The sip.conf entry for extension 100 is:

[100]
callerid=Test <100>
type=friend
username=100
secret=secret
host=dynamic
fromuser=100
mailbox=100
context=allaccess
canreinvite=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=yes

Asterisk is sending the "name" portion of the callerID properly but, the
"number" portion is obviously wrong as you can see from the SIPURL that is
saved by X-Lite in the "recent received calls" list.

As I have been stating, it is sending the CALLED number and not the
"calling" number.  This is NOT the proper behavior and as a result, it is
hosing caller ID.  I could really not care any less about what "name" shows
up.  The sipurl that called has to be right though, otherwise callerid is
worthless.

It doesn't do any good to look at your "missed calls" list and have every
one of them show YOUR phone number.

If your asterisk server does not do this, please do me the favor of setting
up two "test" extensions for me so I can try to figure out what is wrong
here.  You can lock me in a context where I can only call from one "test
extension" to another.  I just need to be able to verify what is going on so
I can either get it corrected in my config (I don't think I have anything
wrong) or get it acknowledged as a bug in Asterisk.

Thanks,

John