[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID is being sent wrong. How to fix it?

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat Feb 7 11:48:48 MST 2004

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply.  I don't understand why that information should have
to be set in sip.conf.  It is already known.  If I set the following on an
extension:

exten => 100,1,SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNUM})

I can see that the information is correct:

     -- Executing SetCallerID("SIP/2288888-a94f", "2288888") in new stack
     -- Executing Dial("SIP/2288888-a94f", "SIP/100|20") in new stack
     -- Called 100

But, the "number" when extension 100 rings, it gets "100" as the number
portion of the caller ID information.

John