[Asterisk-Users] IAX Softphone Errors

William Suffill dedd at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 01:50:47 MST 2004

I've been considering deploying an IAX softphone for some remote users
that want to interface with my PBX. It seems as though IAXcomm just
prints that it was rejected if they dial an extension unassigned on the
PBX. Firefly on the other hand crashes if you dial an extension that
doesn't atleast exist in the dialplan. I can't have that of course so I
added a catch all  group of extentions so if they dial any extension not
defined prior it will just play invalid. I was wonder if anyone had any
cleaner method to do this other than  exten => _XXXXX,1,Macro(invalid).
I wrote 12 variations to cover all the possible conditions I could think
of but a program should crash over such an issue. I get a memory reading
error with Firefly if I dial a # not defined in the context that my iax
acc is  part of. I noticed the Firefly network kept this from becoming
an issue by making their dialplan give some feedback on all #'s dialed