[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID is being sent wrong. How to fix it?

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Fri Feb 6 22:23:40 MST 2004

I'm running Asterisk 0.5.0 and using Cisco 7960 phones in a "sip only"
configuration currently.  Everything is working except that caller ID is hosed.

Say for example extension 100 calls extension 200.  200 sees "100" as the
name but "200" as the number.  IE, it gets its own number as the supposed
CLID of the calling party.

This is flat out wrong.  Am I doing something wrong or is Asterisk just
terribly broken with respect to sending caller ID information properly?

Is this something that only effects Cisco phones?

Thanks,

John