[Asterisk-Users] Re: Annoying Beeps

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Feb 6 13:37:26 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 13:46, Stephen R. Besch wrote:
>
>>Every once and a while * throws a new wrinkle at me. It has started, all
>>on its own, to make these annoying little beeps evey time a message
>>prints at the CLI. If I bring down * and restart, they go away for a
>>time, then seem to spontaneously reappear sometime later. It's almost as
>>if * is starting to experience the "Terrible Twos"! No one else seems to
>>be complaining about this, but I nevertheless assume that I can somehow
>>disable this feature, I just can't seem to find out how.  Maybe
>>something like
>>
>>   >CLI  stop beeping damit?
>

> I think that is due to there being a character on the CLI. Try hitting
> enter to clear the line, or hit ctrl-l to do a screen redraw and see
> whats on the line.

That was it.  I even found out how the characters ("//") get typed.  I
have a KVM switch to pop between systems and I also have an annoying
habit of hitting "//" rather than <ctrl><ctrl> to switch screens. It's
amazing the trouble that a little sloppy typing can get one into!
Thanks Steven.

Stephen R. Besch