[Asterisk-Users] SIP - Native Bridge Error

Wes Marderness wmarderness at sigmabit.com
Fri Feb 6 08:53:57 MST 2004

Hi,

Running Version 0.7.2, I receive the following error when attempting to
connect two SIP Devices.

WARNING[16399]:rtp.c : 1204 ast_rtp_bridge : codec0 = 524556 is not codec1 =
524558, cannot native bridge.

The bridge is made but the quality of the call is bad, a lot of disturbing
noises in background.

Oddly enough, both devices are using only one codec G729. I also am using
the demo G729 license for Asterisk. I'm not sure how 2 different codecs are
being found.

I saw in ast_rtp_bridge function, that the get_codec function returned these
values. Could anyone  tell me where the get_codec function is? Curious as to
how this is happening.

Should this problem be added to the bug tracker? The SIP calls are very bad,
and I did not experience this problem with 0.5.0 .

Thanks,
Wes