[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk GUI Client - New verison 0.9

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Feb 6 07:46:58 MST 2004

You do have to add some extensions, copy some files and have some scripts
run on your Asterisk server, as well as have a MySQL database set up on a
machine somewhere before you can install the client on a machine. All of
that is explained in the documentation included with the package.

As for the Win32 client, it's fairly easy, just download ActivePerl from
Activestate.com and install it, then copy the libs folder and
AST_WINphoneAPP_0.9.pl to C:\AST_VICI then customize the
C:\AST_VICI\libs\AST_VICI_conf.pl file for your phone and you're ready to
go.

The package also installs in relatively the same way on Linux and in-fact
runs the exact same code as it does on Win32(For linux we recommend using
the ActivePerl RPM instead of default perl because of a perl/TK memory
leak).

It's not a simple one step setup like some other Asterisk GUI clients, but
this package was made to be very flexible and easy to change, in ACQS-mode
it relies entirely on the MySQL server to run having no contact with the
Asterisk server directly making it much harder for the average user to
inadvertantly crash the Asterisk server.

If you need any more detailed help setting it up let me know.

MATT---