[Asterisk-Users] Re: DISA

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Feb 5 20:55:48 MST 2004

At 9:32 PM -0500 2/5/04, Steve Creel wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, John Todd wrote:
>
>>So, to boil your problem down to what I think is the problem:
>>
>>"When you attach an inbound call to the DISA application, it does not
>  >produce a dialtone fast enough."
>
><snip>
>
>>>[main1]
>>>;
>>>; Take any number, and give it to the DISA.  The DISA
>>>;  just then takes anything typed in within the (unchangeable)
>>>;  timer values, and hands it off to main2 to be post-processed.
>>>; I include the standard i,h,t values for pedantic reasons.
>>>;
>>>exten => _X.,1,DISA(no-password,main2)
>>>exten => _X.,2,Hangup
>>>;
>>>exten => h,1,Hangup
>>>exten => i,1,Congestion
>>>exten => i,2,Hangup
>>>exten => t,1,Congestion
>>>exten => t,2,Hangup
>

>Not to point out the obvious, but isn't the delay he's seeing caused by
>the _X. and the digittimeout?  Couldn't this be resolved by using a more
>specific match on the DISA instead of _X. ?
>
>Steve
>screel at turbs.com

Ah, yes, that's probably the case.   Without further information from
the poster about how he was getting calls into the context, I assumed
that this was a PRI or something that handed a DID to the context.
If this is an FXO or some type of T1 trunking, then yes, the "s"
extension would be more appropriate if this was an "immediate=yes"
type of situation.

GIGO.

JT