[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk GUI Client - New verison 0.9

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Feb 5 14:33:05 MST 2004

Hello,

I have made many changes/improvements/bug fixes to the Asterisk GUI client I
have written in Perl/TK and have released a third beta version on
sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/astguiclient/

Here are the screen shots of the client application running on Linux and
Windows:

http://www.freedomphones.net/astguiclient_linux_0.9.gif

http://www.freedomphones.net/astguiclient_windows_0.9.gif

0.9 - Third public release - 2004-02-05
The majority of the work in this release it to make it more stable and fix
some
pretty bad bugs. We created the Asterisk Central Queue System to address the

problem with buffer-overflows in the manager interface of Asterisk causing
total
system deadlocks. We also completed and touched-up many other features that
we
didn't finish in previous releases. Here is the list of changes:
- Several bug fixes
- Inclusion of listing for active SIP/Local channels and ability to hang
them up
- Completely changed the method of conferencing to be more fluid
- Added HELP popup screen
- Added intrasystem calling funtionality
- Updater changed to allow for SIP/Local channels
- Recording for conferences is now able to record all audio in and out
- Added ability to send DTMF tones within a conference
- Changed alert window for updater being down timeout to 20 seconds
- Added an option for using the new Asterisk Central Queue System(ACQS) that

reduces the risk of deadlocks that occur with buffer-overflows on remote
manager
interface connections
- Included new script to run at boot time and rotate the logs as well as a
keepalive script for the new ACQS
- Changed non-AGI server-side scripts to allow for a single config file
- Detailed activity logging to text file option added
- Activity logging added to all non-AGI server applications

We have been using the same basic client for the last four months here at my
company and it is running well on over 60 machines.

Let me know what you think of it, especially the new Asterisk Central Queue
System that is included with it.

MATT---