[Asterisk-Users] Apple OS-X

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Feb 5 10:49:09 MST 2004

>Hi
>
>A colleague of mine read somewhere that it was possible to compile Asterisk
>under OS-X which he has just tried with little success. Has anybody here had
>any success and if so what things should my colleague take into account?
>
>Regards
>
>Martin

*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-10/24/03-01:48:29 built by root at ti.mydomain.com on a
Power Macintosh running Darwin
*CLI>

I haven't tried compiling it lately, YMMV.

It's somewhat choppy when you're doing things on the desktop (at
least on my ~680mhz PB) -  I tried and was able to get xten's
softphone running through it, and also the iax client for MacOS X
(see the archives.)  At the moment, it's a curiosity but I'd suggest
testing on a G5 or an Xserv before thinking that it's a real solution.

G729 will not work, as I assume it's pre-compiled for Linux on i386
only.  I don't recall if speex has a fink port to OSX, either... but
the other codecs work fine.

JT