[Asterisk-Users] Adtran 750 Configuration

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Thu Feb 5 07:54:42 MST 2004

I purchased a type 66 punch down with a Amp50 connect at Graybar.  I
also purchased a male/female Amp50 cord.  You may also need some bridge
clips.  Use the punch down block to cross/connect to your lines.  Row
one on the block is channel one on the Adtran, row 24 is channel 24.

You might consider getting a cable with male/female nine-pin D
connectors.  This will allow you to plug into the "Admin" port of the
BCU and the serial port of your laptop.  Run HyperTerminal at 9600 to
talk with the Adtan.  It's pretty explanatory.

You didn't say if your Adtran is new or used.  I would certainly check
the firmware revision--the current is L36 (I think).  Previous versions
didn't supervise call termination correctly.

Cheers,
Mike