[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold inside of an agi script while processing programs in background

Matthew B Marlowe matthew at mmarlowe.com
Wed Feb 4 20:59:13 MST 2004

Im the first to admit I am not a programmer.  Im trying to learn peal to
accomplish one small script for my company.

I've got most of the script accomplished and I simply want to play music
on hold while the script processes some programs which take on average
anywhere from 3-10 seconds.

Is there any way to tell asterisk to start music on hold, and in the
background execute my functions and when those functions are done then
stop the music on hold?

Right now, if I execute $AGI->exec(MusicOnHold); the entire script stops
and doesn't process anything past that point.

Thanks in advance