[Asterisk-Users] Adtran 750 Configuration

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Wed Feb 4 16:01:26 MST 2004

Communications cable wiring color code included

On Wednesday, February 04, 2004 2:00 PM, Brent Franks
[SMTP:mwless at mindworks.net] wrote:
> Hey John, See my Responses below:
<snip>
> > 1) Do I need to do anything other than put the FXO cards in and
> > figure
> > out which lines are live on the 66 block?  Or will I need to open
up
> > console on the Adtran and fix up a few things?
>
> Yes, you'll need to figure out on the 66 block which lines go where.
>  In
> order to integrate with the current 66 block (and provide a fail over
> so
> the clients could "easily" switch back to the old PBX) I created my
> own
> AMP 50 cable based on what was coming out of the 66 block, mapped to
> where the FXO cards were.  If retaining an easy way to revert back
> isn't
> important, you can move the lines around on the 66..?

If you buy a connectorized cable with a connectorized block this is
very easy.

If you only have the end of the cable going into the channel bank
connectorized (amphenol connector) the color of the each cable pair
will tell you the pair number.

Don Pobanz

====================

Telephone Cable Color Code
On terminal blocks the TIP is the first wire of a pair. The TIP
conductor carries a majority of the TRACER color and a minority of the
PAIR color. For example for pair one, tip is primarily white with a
little blue on it. Ring is either all blue or is primarily blue with a
little white.

The PAIR colors are BLUE ORANGE GREEN BROWN SLATE. The TRACER colors
are WHITE RED BLACK YELLOW VIOLET. After the first 25 pairs, the first
bundle of 25 are wrapped in a WHITE BLUE ribbon and the second 25 are
wrapped in a WHITE ORANGE ribbon, etc. After 625 pairs are thusly
identified, the first 625 pair bundle is wrapped in a WHITE BLUE
ribbon, etc. to infinity.

PAIR  	TIP  	RING
1  	WHITE  	BLUE
2  	WHITE  	ORANGE