[Asterisk-Users] Re: Anyone used a Grandstream ATA286 with Asterisk

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Feb 4 09:47:26 MST 2004

MLS Drop for SysAdmin wrote:

> an associate of mine sent me an email of the slick sheet on this one.  I
> understand that mentioning this vendor has resulted in some
> flamethrowing on the list, and I do not want to cause trouble - just
> looking for some info.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam Z

I have one in service. It has no serious problems. The one issue we have
had is that it adds an additional 2-wire to 4-wire hybrid and therefore
adds an echo source that the remote end hears (varies depending upon
what you plug into it) - and, I suspect that, because of the somewhat
longer packet delay, the echo from this source is not well corrected by
the * echocanceller.

Stephen R. Besch