[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question. Is asterisk right for my scenario?

Anthony Law anthonyl at accessv.com
Wed Feb 4 09:37:37 MST 2004

Hi,

Please excuse me if my question seems too simplistic. I have been reading
the mailing list for some time and I am still a bit confused. Here is the
scenario that I would need to achieve and am wondering if asterisk is the
correct software to use.

            (h323)     (h323/SIP)           (h323)
pstn---cisco------Asterisk??---------cisco---pstn

                            | -----sip phone

I have an existing h323 structure doing h323 pstn termination and would like
add sip to part of the structure, also at the same time would like asterik
to act as a softswitch to store dial plans and make routing decisions.
Asterisk at the same time will do h323/SIP translation.

My question, can Asterisk do all these? Or am I totally off?

Any comments are welcome. Many Thanks to all.

Regards,

Anthony