[Asterisk-Users] diax softphone

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Feb 4 00:25:16 MST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peer Oliver schmidt" <posde at theinternet.de>
> Greg,
>
> >>my Linux iptables firewall, on a private network. Both boxes cann
register
> >>iax2 to asterisk, and dial, but as soon as asterisk tries to do the
native

> > "a private network" -- as in a NATed network? Maybe canreinvite=no or
> > nat=yes will do the magic you need.
>
> I think he is using the IAX2 protocol, and I can't find anything in the
> sources that indicate canreinvite or NAT in the sources of chan_iax.c.
>
> BTW: I have the same problem.

I have 2 DIAX phones behind two different NAT firewalls and the * box on one
of the phones network.
It works for me.
One of the NATs is a Wndows RRAS and the other one is a hardware broadband
router from Netgear.
I have just opened the 4569 UDP port on the firewall in both direction (for
input it is forwarded to the * box).

BR,
Dan