[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 bug in 6.1 evident in Asterisk

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Feb 3 23:15:19 MST 2004

So, I've managed to consistently lock up my Cisco 7960 (SIP 6.1) to
the point where it needs to be unplugged, due to software errors.
This is a first.

My suspicions are that this bug in Asterisk is causing the lockups:
   http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000889

It seems unusual to me that a low volume of bogus SIP messages should
lock up the 7960, but that seems to be the case.   It seems this only
happens on my 7960 that I have completely full of extensions (all six
line buttons are lit, two of them are auto-answer.)   I think this is
one bug tickling another bug; bad messages from * are killing the
7960.

I'd like anyone else with experiences with this  type of failure with
Asterisk to give me a shout; I'm going to report this to Cisco
somehow, but don't have enough evidence.

JT