[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Oldest Telephone

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Feb 3 17:50:45 MST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Scott Stingel wrote:

> Well, the nice things about telephones, in the US anyway, is that they are
> generally backward-compatible with each other.
>
> Why not, as a first step, connect a normal telco line to L1 and L2, and see
> if you get dial tone through the receiver?

I'm sure that your LEC wouldn't minx 100 Volts AC getting sent to their
switch ! ;) If you plan on doing that, might as well dust off the archives
and check out this backwoods, inbred cousin of 802.3af:

http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts/underground/boxes/blotto.html

What is scary is that I was around when this originally circulated the BBS
scene, circa 84/85. ;)