[Asterisk-Users] Dialling Hook Flash on Zaptel

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Tue Feb 3 17:20:09 MST 2004

> Just for fun, try this:
>
> exten => 922,1,Flash(Zap/1)
> exten => 922,2,Dial(Zap/1/*022)
> exten => 922,3,Congestion
> exten => 922,4,Hangup
>
> and see if it gives the same error.  I'd be interested to see if
> there's perhaps some strange variable swapping going on.

I gave that a try, but the same problem on the console that this is not a
Zap channel. Also tried David's Gomillion's approach with a dial then flash,
but still the same problem about not being a zap channel.

And indeed, flash doesn't accept an argument so there's not much point in me
placing it there, I was just trying out a non-working example/food for
thought that was posted previously...

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg23426.html

I've been toying with the extension a little more in the hope of perhaps
doing a pseudo flash as per David's dial then flash suggestion but tweaked
as follows:-

exten => 922,1,Dial(Zap/1/*022,1)
exten => 922,2,Dial(Zap/1/*022)
exten => 922,3,Congestion
exten => 922,4,Hangup

(I've tried a few variations on the above, including a 1 in place of the *,
and first line dialing 0 instead of the full command)

Indeed, Asterisk picks up the line, dials (hopefully correctly) *022 then
hangs up after 1000ms. Then hopefully hammers the line open again so the
Norstar sees it as a flash and continues to dial *022 again.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, Asterisk seems to be doing it correctly, but
the Nortel can be a cantankerous beast with it's analog ports. I just get
the rapid congestion tone from it that somethings not right with the way I
dialled.

As per the further suggestions, my speed dials rarely ever change, and I
think I will relent and take this approach... basically I was wanting to not
have to change the restriction filters on the Nortel for that analog port
(since the speed dials override restrictions), but I think I'll fine grain
the dialing restrictions through my Asterisk dial plans, should be the most
pain free approach.

The other thing was I just wanted to learn a little more about what can be
done on the X100P, as there's many other commands that can be sent to the
Norstar that are prefixed with a flash, although I doubt I'll really ever
need to use any of them.

Thanks very much for all the suggestions though, much appreciated. And David
I hope you continue on the list, if only as a reader, as your input and
contributions are definitely appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris Lee