[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users digest, Vol 1 #2711 - 15 msgs

tad tad at media.mit.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:26:33 MST 2004

you can do this with MeetMe, but you don't have to. you can also use
Parking, which makes things a little simpler.

in either case, the strategy is going to be something like:
1. Record the soundfile
2. Park the inbound caller
3. Use a .call file or the manager interface to initiate an outbound call
to the mobile phone
4. play soundfile and prompt the mobile phone user to accept/reject the
call
5a. if the call is accepted, transfer the parked call to the mobile user.
5b. if the call is not accepted, unpark the call to some extension
and take whatever action you like.

be warned, * will probably have no idea whether your outbound call is
answered by a human, an answering machine, or hits a busy signal.

be further warned, i'm fairly new to * too. however, i have successfully
implemented the above. hopefully one of the more astute readers will jump
in if it seems like i'm leading you too far astray. ;)

hope this helps,
tad