[Asterisk-Users] The Smallest Asterisk Server Ever?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Feb 3 15:18:05 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 14:31, David J Carter wrote:
> Hey I don't know, I paid ?100 ($170) for my XBox, couldn't get a PC for
> that.
>
> The Linux bit is all free, and only a couple of PCB work to disenable the
> protection.

Hmm, looking at pricewatch under full systems(no os) I see a 1.7ghz
Celery with 20gig drive and a 128mb of memory, keyboard, mouse, cdrom,
and probably even real expansion slots for $123 shipped. So while your
$100 Xbox can handle 4 S100U interfaces and or any number of VoIP calls,
it is still shorter on specs than the one listed above.