[Asterisk-Users] Re: sementation fault with mpg123

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Feb 3 11:41:30 MST 2004

|> I'm still getting a sementation fault with mpg123.

Isn't it time to get mg3 out of the equation?

Sox can convert just about anything to 16 bit signed mono pcm in
just about any container that support that.  It looks like *'s
format_wav.c is for exactly that format, so for local files we
should be running:

   sox $FOO.$BAR -s -w -c 1 -r 8000 $FOO.wav resample -ql

for any $FOO and any $BAR and using those files for moh.

Then * can handle it all itself.

(Alternatively, use -g instead of -s -w and save a .gsm file,
just like everything else in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds.)

-JimC