[Asterisk-Users] Still looking for small fxo sip gateway

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 3 07:15:16 MST 2004

I've been looking around for a small external sip fxo gateway, sending
emails to possible vendors, etc, and can not seem to come up with anything
that fits. Suggestions anyone? (No channel bank & T1 card suggestions,
please. I've also just completed an eval of the Mediatrix 1204 which
does not support the requirements.)

The market between two fxo pstn lines (pair of x100p's) and something
around four to six lines seems to be lacking, or I'm looking in the
wrong search engine (or something). I fully understand the economics of
when a channel bank and T1 card becomes cost effective, including the
eBay costs (and risks), etc. I've also heard the comments for months
now that Digium is/will be selling something real-soon-now.

Specifically, I'd like to use a 4-port fxo sip gateway capable of supporting
four US pstn analog lines, CallerID, Touchtone, loop style supervision,
and have the capability for asterisk to direct an outbound call to a
specific port on that gateway. I "think" that implies "each" port must
execute a sip register command successfully. It's also expected to accept
incoming pstn calls directing those to a single asterisk. (I don't care
about an IP dialtone, nat, etc, just a plain-jane two-way sip gateway.)

If anyone is designing such a box and need professional eval, we can
certainly work with you privately (off list to radamson @ routers dot com)
to accomidate those needs.

Anyone seen such a beast at a reasonable price?

Rich