[Asterisk-Users] dialing delay question.

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Feb 3 07:30:24 MST 2004

John Bittner wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have been working on getting my asterisk box to connect to a lucent
> definity PBX using a T100p. I connected it to a t1 port on the lucent

Let me start by saying I have not worked on a lucent definity.  Having said
that, I'll tell you my thoughts, and maybe they're things you have not yet
considered.

> call goes through. On the asterisk console I see the partial phone
> numbers when this happens.

It looks like the lucent is set to an immediate-type mode.  This is not very
surprising, as that is how my Nortel MICS acts.  It shouldn't be a really
big deal.

> How does this type of setup work. Is this a lucent issue or an
> asterisk issue. Does the lucent pbx just open a channel, send digits

I think that's what is happening.  I would try increasing the timeout in
your context that receives calls from the lucent.  I'm not sure right
off-hand how to do this, but when you find the command, I'd appreciate it,
as I'll probably have to fight the same battle in a couple of days.

Having said that, I'm looking at my Nortel, and can set how long the time
outs are.  Maybe you can do something like that for the Lucent?

I'd also take a good, long look at my extensions.conf file.  How does your
outgoing look?  Can Asterisk attempt to dial a phone number that is not
appropriately long?  i.e. Do you have an extension _9. or _X. or something
like that?  If so, try being more specific, like _1XXXXXXXXXX, or better
yet, use N's where you can.  This might keep Asterisk from attempting to
dial before it's time.

Final question: does the Lucent T1 card also support PRI?  That's what we're
using between our Nortel and *, and so far it seems to work well.

> Any help will be appreciated.

Hope this helps.  And please, hold the flames to a minimum.  I told you I
didn't know for sure what to try, but thought these might get you on the
right path.

Thanks,
David Gomillion