[Asterisk-Users] Can audio streams go client to cleint with IAX?

Jim Flagg flaggj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 18:29:37 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Hart" <adam at teragen.com.au>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Can audio streams go client to cleint with IAX?

> yes, IAX does direct transfers - when both ends confirm they can see each
> other, the asterisk server tells them to talk directly. With the firefly
> network, we're seeing 90%+ connecting directly.

>"Just to clarify, the audio doesn't separate from the call control."

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell more about that last statement.
If the audio doesn't serparate from the call control can the server
keep track of how long the clients stay connected?  Can it "see"
DTMF that is sent between the clients and act upon it?  Does IAX
do this by default of do you have to set a parameter in IAX.conf.

Thanks again