[Asterisk-Users] Automated Dialing / Recording ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Feb 2 15:15:09 MST 2004

Maybe you could add the idea of how long is the wait time to this
application and have each call go to a forwarded number, and wait around
maybe playing a message for he operator on the other side to hit some
DTMF key sequence that breaks the loop. Why bother having someone listen
to if the call succeeded when you can get the phone user to confirm for
you.

It is still a simple application that you call out and connect that call
to a local monitor app. If you don't get a positive acknowledgment, you
could then forward the audio file and the specification off to a human
to be interpreted. If your talking about 1000's of lines, this should
cut down the manual labor quite a bit.