[Asterisk-Users] How do I provide redundancy and reliability w/ Asterisk?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Feb 2 11:54:28 MST 2004

> > Also, is it possible to have a mixed setup where you have a T1 and
> > several POTS lines all feeding into the same Asterisk server?
>
> Yes; you just need to make sure you don't share IRQs, just like on any
> digium-hardware-based system.  :-)

Although there might be "some" valid reasons to be concernd about IRQs,
a fair number of folks respoonding on this list seem to just repeat
unfounded comments about these.

Check IRQ9 and 11 out, and yes things have worked fine for months.

[root asterisk]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:  593523791          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1580          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9: 2381825032          XT-PIC  ehci-hcd, eth0, wcfxo, Intel ICH4
 10:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
 11: 1640990258          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, wcfxo
 12:      51870          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:    3774539          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:   47241784          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

And, note our sip phones share the same IRQ with a x100p. :)

Rich