[Asterisk-Users] Address Separator hex b causes callerid rejection

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 05:29:39 MST 2004

I missed your earlier message, but to try and help:

a) You are correct, the hex 'b' usage is only valid in the UK specific BT
IUP SS#7 interconnect protocol and therefore is nothing to do with PRI usage
whatsoever (or indeed ISUP SS#7).

b) In q931.c these various flags can be set for outbound CLI (caller id),
from user provided not verified, user provider verified, user provided
verfication failed, and network provided.

c) BT however will only accept CLI that you are authorised to send -
whatever the state of the flags, this means that you can only send CLI that
matches numbers that have been allocated to your PRI. If you are trying to
do otherwise this will always fail.

Linus