[Asterisk-Users] Compiling while * is running

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Sun Feb 1 16:50:17 MST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:51:30PM -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> This isn't intended as a flame bait. The original message should have
> been more clear that I thought you where experiencing crap in windows.

Heh. I haven't used windows since 1995 :)

In fact, with HP-UX you cannot delete or rename or overwrite
a shared library if it is in use, so you would *have*
to stop the process before doing a "make install".

For example,

http://web.gat.com/comp/analysis/mdsplus/textfilebusy.html

Talks about this phenomenon.

> How the hell did HP-UX get trusted status for military use if that is
> true?

HP was/is a big military contractor long before HP-UX
came into being, so perhaps that has something to do
with it...

/w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign