[Asterisk-Users] Configuring Firefly Network in *

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Sun Feb 1 13:10:54 MST 2004

I did get it to work, and can place and receive calls through the Firefly
network via *.

Compared to iaxtel or FWD, there is a significantly higher amount of
latency, but it is workable.

For some reason, this needed to be the last entry in my iax.conf or it
would try to authenticate with a different user ID when receiving calls
(and obviously would fail.

Relevant section from my iax.conf:

register => 87210384:xxxxxxxxx at firefly.virbiage.com

[87210384]
context = firefly-in
secret=xxxxxxx
auth=md5
type=friend
username=87210384
host=firefly.virbiage.com
qualify=yes
trunk=no

In my dialplan:
[globals]
FIREFLY=IAX2/87210384 at 87210384

[fireflycalls]
; Firefly Calls
;
exten => _**.,1,SetCallerID(87210384)
exten => _**.,2,SetCIDName(Joel Maslak)
exten => _**.,3,Dial(${FIREFLY}/${EXTEN:2},,)
exten => _**.,4,Playback(invalid)

[good-user]
include => extensions
include => extensions-services
include => good-outbound
include => fireflycalls

For inbound:
[firefly-in]
exten => s,1,GotoIfTime(07:00-21:00,mon-fri,*,*?incoming,s,1)
exten => s,2,GotoIfTime(09:30-21:00,*,*,*?incoming,s,1)
exten => s,3,VoiceMail(u10)

Where "incoming" is my standard incoming context.  Calls come in without
any DNID, they go straight into the "s" extension in the firefly-in
context.  The time restrictions are my standard "non-PSTN annoyance at
2:00 AM filter".

With this config, I can dial Firefly users by dialing ** + their Firefly
number.

--
Joel Maslak