[Asterisk-Users] Dial via sip gateway?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 1 06:00:26 MST 2004

Mike,
I'm hoping one can specify a particular mediatrix "port" in the Dial Sip
command, but haven't found any Dial syntax that would allow passing a
userid/password to the gateway. Since the 1204 provides a AuthUsrPwd on
a per port basis, my guess would be that we either have to pass the Alias
defined for that port or the AuthUsrPwd in the Dial command.

When I attempt
  exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@205.22.93.1)
I get an immediate "407 Proxy Authentication Required" back. However, with
a packet sniffer running, * isn't even sending a packet to the mediatrix.
I'd have to guess and assume * is doing this because the mediatrix isn't
'registered' with *, but the mediatrix was not designed to register anyway.

I'm stuck in the Dial syntax, and can't seem to find any google reference
as to how to pass the needed parameters.

Rich