[Asterisk-Users] Broken pipe...

Sean Kirkby skirkby at concentrico.net
Fri Dec 31 09:48:14 MST 2004

Hello,

I've done a very straightforward install of Asterisk, and can't seem to
get it started.

This is a proof-of-concept installation, and currently does not have
any T1/E1 or FXO/FXS cards in it.  I just want to use it as an internal
SIP server for now.

However, when I try to start Asterisk, it dies with the following
messages:

Junk at the beginning 49443303
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

I have googled for info on these errors - some have reported getting
them while _exiting_ Asterisk, but none have claimed to see them while
_starting_ Asterisk.

Any ideas?

Thanks a ton.

--sk.