[Asterisk-Users] Re: FXO to IAX on ethernet. or FXO to SIP on Ethernet

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Fri Dec 31 07:55:56 MST 2004

Checkout http://www.mediatrix.com (FXO device 1204) or
http://www.multitech.com.

I have been looking into this myself. It appears that Nortel has an
arrangement with Mediatrix and uses these devices where a remote FXO is
needed that would be cost prohibitive to put in a full chassis. Avaya
appears to have the same type of arrangement with Avaya where a G700
chassis is overkill.

On both fronts I am *assuming* the quality and echo can is excellent if
these two players are endorsing this solution. However, they are not in
the price range of the products most of us have been using for FXO
interfaces on this list. They may not also have the feature versatility
we would like in a SOHO environment as their primary market will focus
on quality but with dedicated purpose.

The Mediatrix is a 4 port FXO only. MultiTech offer more units in
different port counts, but each port appears to have flexible config
options (FXO/FXS/E&M, etc.) which adds significantly to the price.

Mediatrix is list price 650.USD and the 2 port MultiTech looks to be
900. USD list.

dbc.
--
David Cook