[Asterisk-Users] final call for Departments

Alspach Family alspachfam at charter.net
Fri Dec 31 00:16:01 MST 2004

Today is the day.  The most up to date list is attached. I will forward
it to Rob Friday night so, anything you want and can get to be by then I
will add.
The below is probably old news to most of you but, just in case you were
like me and did now know...
I learned today that Allison (the voice of Asterisk.
thevoice.digium.com  <http://thevoice.digium.com>) generally charges $12
for a single phrase or $160 for 20 phrases however, when we do batches
like this, we get a discount rate of  $120 / hour. Now this is recording
time only.  If we wanted her to edit them as well, there would be
additional charges.  In comes Rob Fugina (who is actually spearheading
this recording run).  He takes a couple of weeks to edit them himself,
letting us get more phrases with he same donated money. He told me today
that we are almost to the 1 hour mark in donations but, since the list
is getting so long,  he would feel more comfortable if we had a total of
about 2 hours.
I don't want to sound like a TV evangelist from the 80's and 90's but if
you have it to give, please do.  We have operators standing by to accept
your donation. All you have to do is PayPal it to robf at geekthing.com
<mailto:robf at geekthing.com> (Note, this is not me.  Rob  is the guy
doing all the work.)
Let me make up some quick, car dealer, numbers:
I understand that there are thousands of readers subscribed to this
list.  Lets say half of them are active readers and half of those are
using Asterisk seriously.  If those 250 people remaining could just
donate $.50 each, we would reach our goal.. This will make Asterisk even
better and facilitate our retirement to "A Salty Piece of Land"
somewhere. (ala a Jimmy Buffett tune or book)

In the words of Fred Bartles (Ed Jaymes was the quiet one): Thank you
for your support;

James

PS If you do not know who Bartles and Jaymes were, and you are from the
USA...as much as it stings me to say this...ask your parents. (or if you
are in a hurry, search tvacres.com or google).