[Asterisk-Users] IAXy issues

Paul Fielding paul.fielding at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 30 19:44:14 MST 2004

> I still am not sure how to check and/or upgrade firmware.

So far the only way I've found to upgrade the firmware is to update the
Asterisk code to more recent code, which includes newer firmware for the
IAXy.  The next time the IAXy connect to Asterisk, it will automatically
install the new firmware.

This is another concern that I have with the IAXy.   With the problems I was
having, I updated Asterisk to the latest CVS head in order to get newer
firmware for the IAXy, hoping it would resolve some of my issues.  Not only
did it not resolve my issues, but it created new ones in Asterisk, such as
the fact that now (Dec 27 Head) Asterisk cores whenever a SIP client tries
to register an extention that doesn't exist.

There really ought to be a way to update the firmware without updating
Asterisk.....

Paul