[Asterisk-Users] Queues strategy

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Dec 30 14:37:41 MST 2004

Seeing as the "leastrecent" strategy does not work for us (it will
*always* call the leastrecent agent, even if that agent is busy, and
will not move to the next agent) I thought I'd try the roundrobin strategy.

This seemed to work - however, I had my supervisor telling me today that
a certain agent seemed to be getting most of the calls - and when I
checked, out of 50 inbound calls, that unlucky person had over 60% of
them (we had 4 agents logged in).

Is this a "designed behaviour" ?

What I expected roundrobin to do was to call

Agent1
Agent2
Agent3
Agent4

in that order, moving to the next agent on the next call. If Agent2 is
busy (but was next on the list), I would expect the queue to call Agent3
instead.

Am I missing something ?

All agents are statically defined members, using AgentCallBackLogin to
login in and out of the queue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Julian