[Asterisk-Users] Weird..bridging to Zap channel FXS instead of bridging to PSTN FXO on outgoing group

James Freire james.freire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:58:28 MST 2004

Hi All,

Channels 25-28 on a customers PBX are regular Zaptel FXO cards that
are hooked into 4 incomming phone lines. They are all in a group to do
automatic rollover for outgoing calls (if channel 25 is being used,
dial on channel 26, etc.).
Sometimes when a user is dialing a number, instead of bridging to one
of the FXO cards it goes and rings to Zap/1-1.

This doesnt occur all the time but some of the time, when it does
occur, I restart asterisk and it goes away for some time. I have also
tried changing the group number to something else, this doesnt seem to
help either.
I have a wait (w) before the numbers because the phone line doesnt
pick up right away and its to prevent asterisk from dialing before
there is a dial tone.
FYI, I have a rhino channel bank on the system going to a digium T100P
card, this is why my 4 FXO ports are so high.

Below I have snippets from my extensions.conf dial plan for the
outgoing context and my zapata.conf along with the error.

Error:
-- Executing Dial("Zap/6-1", "Zap/g3/ww5632111") in new stack
  -- Called g3/ww5632111
  -- Zap/1-1 is ringing
  -- Zap/1-1 is ringing

Extensions.conf context for outgoing calls
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g3/ww${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g3/w1${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g3/ww${EXTEN})

Zapata.conf snippet for the group

context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asrecieved