[Asterisk-Users] IAXy reliability issues

Paul Fielding paul.fielding at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 30 11:20:07 MST 2004

Hmmm.... I could certainly see that being the issue.  If it is the issue,
though, then I think it's something that needs to be addressed.

In my opinion, Digium needs to address it, as well as the whole provisioning
via cli thing.  I know Asterisk itself is a CLI oriented piece of software,
but the more one can do do decrease configuration timing and issues the
better off one is.   I think it would be a benefit to allow the IAXy to be
programmed via web interface.

For that matter, from what I can tell via my own experimentation, it appears
that you cannot use DNS to define the asterisk server to it.  This is bad,
since it means that if the IP of the asterisk server changes, you need to
directly reprovision *all* of your IAXy devices....

For a new product, it has potential, hopefully these things will be
addressed....

regards

Paul