[Asterisk-Users] callerid

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Dec 30 08:36:57 MST 2004

Use a separate context for the outbound calls for that customer, check
the caller ID in the dialplan before completing an outbound call using a
PATTERN MATCH, and IF the pattern does not match the pattern of the
customers numbers GOTO a step that sets the caller ID to the customers
main phone number, then resume (GOTO) where you left off in the
dialplan.

Advise your customer that the caller ID they transmit must match known
numbers or it will be changed by * before the call is completed. Make
sure your terms of service agreement explains this carefully because it
is not typical, with a lot of commercial PRIs you can set your caller ID
to anything you wish.