[Asterisk-Users] Is asterisk that unstable ????

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Thu Dec 30 07:19:38 MST 2004

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises wrote:
> from voip-info wiki
>

> Asterisk automatic daily restart
>
> To automatically restart Asterisk you can add something like this to cron
>
> # Restart Asterisk PBX once a day to prevent any problems from piling up
> 10 7 * * * root /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "restart now" >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> or
>
> 10 7 * * * root /usr/sbin/asterisk -r -x "restart gracefully" >/dev/null
> 2>&1
>

> Does this software have substantial problems that one would have to do
> this???

I'm runing Asterisk for a year now as the IPBX of our little consulting
firm. It stopped working only 4 times: two of these where power failures
and the other two turned out to be Telco company problems (dead line).

We have 2 PSTN lines (using Digium X101P cards), 5 intrernal VoIP
extentions (Grandstream budgettone - one of which is located on another
continent, using a Wifi connection to a near by village that hosts an
ADSL router... don't ask) and 2 VoIP termination/origination "lines".

Of course, your mileage may very, but at least here there is no nightly
restart script.

Hope that helps you in any way.

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad at codefidence.com>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)
Web: http://codefidence.com  | SIP: gilad at pbx.codefidence.com
Tel: +972.9.8650475 ext. 201 | Fax:  +972.9.8850643

"I am Jack's Overwritten Stack Pointer"
	-- Hackers Club, the movie