[Asterisk-Users] Hook/Flash, Hold, Call Waiting, Three Way Calling

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Dec 30 03:19:52 MST 2004

> > For threeway calling (analog phone) I just hit the
> > flash button get a dial tone, dial the number and hit
> > the flash key again.
>
> It doesn't work for me when I'm using asterisk. No problems without it. So
> is my hardware broken or my dialplan? When you hit the flash key is anything
> displayed in the CLI ?

A while back, someone posted a list of built-in extension numbers that
are built into the zap channel module. The list included:
 *0 Send hook flash
 *67 Disable Caller ID
 *69 Say last caller's Caller ID
 *70 Disable call waiting
 *72 Activate "call forward immediate"
 *73 Deactivate "    "
 *78 Enable "Do Not Disturb"
 *79 Disable "Do Not Disturb"
 *80 Add last caller's caller ID to blacklist
 *82 Enable Caller ID (only if disabled with *67)

I don't use the above, but they certainly appear to be the ones your
looking for. Obviously some of the features noted in that list do not
exist in asterisk, therefore it would suggest they apply to the
pstn/zap interface .

That same posting indicated the above extensions could be overrode
with other entries in extensions.conf.