[Asterisk-Users] automatic startup

Wed Dec 29 19:16:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 12:50, Michael Graves wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been thinking about taking steps to make my * server more
> reliable. In particular I'd like to have it automatically start * after
> a power loss. Can anyone here provide some guidance as to how to
> accomplish this. Keep in mind that I have a TDM400p that needs a couple
> of modprobe commands before I can start * itself.
>
> I had a look at the wiki  but it seems light on this topic.

There are some init scripts included in the asterisk source for various
distributions... I rolled my own at the time because I didn't know there
was one there. As part of mine I added the various insmod/rmmod/ztcfg
commands.

There are however usually distribution specific files/commands to
automatically load modules at boot time. I think there might even be a
make target in zaptel which will help with this from memory (make
<ummm>)

I dunno if any of this even makes sense, but I hope it helps...

Regards,
Adam