[Asterisk-Users] Hmmm - anyone seen this before?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Dec 29 11:35:50 MST 2004

Steven P. Donegan wrote:

> The below is a asterisk message when I try to call from a callerid
> blocked phone into a SIP (Sipura 3000) FXO gateway - and I have not
> consciously put any restrictions on incoming calls...
>
> Dec 29 10:23:44 NOTICE[2745]: chan_sip.c:7486 handle_request: Failed to
> authenticate user WIRELESS CALLER
> <sip:A714XXXXXXX at 1.0.24.5>;tag=1a6833c3913bcb6o1

You are using the 3000 trick where you add A to the Caller ID string and
then have * strip it off later, (for FXO gateway) aren't you?  I assume
that you are calling from a cell phone in the 714 area code?

I would double check your Sipura "PSTN Line" settings and make sure that
they have a valid login to you * machine.  Also, try to do more
conventional Sipura FXO call forwarding, not using the "A" trick.  Maybe
you can get that to go away.

Does the FXO work?  I can't imagine that it does, but you never know...

--
Kristian Kielhofner