[Asterisk-Users] RE: RE: IP Phone recommendations?

brian at txshirts.com brian at txshirts.com
Wed Dec 29 10:42:07 MST 2004

I agree with your comments about the KSU systems vs. *

It just seems like every asian, latin american, and european electronics
company has a "VOIP" product that they are selling now.  Doesn't seem
like we have seen any shakeout where a handful of companies emerge with
good, solid products that perform day in and day out and provide a good
value.

I guess where we are really looking is for a SIP that is equivalent to
our M7310 Nortel phones so that we can get rid of the Meridian system
and it's phones.  What I don't want is two PBX/KSU systems for 10
employees.  NO WAY.  :)  I just figured that mentioning the M3710's
might help clear the clutter of LG,Epson, Uniden, Emerson, Hampton Bay
(kidding), etc aka crap at the bottom.

I did consider ATA devices, but they cost half as much as a decent SIP
appears to and they don't provide all the PBX features on their front.
There is nothing worse then trying to teach employees "secret" phone
codes to get to stuff.

My impression is that the market shapes into three bands of phones:
1- Economy phones aimed at providing VOIP dial-tone substitutes.  Under
$100
2- Business Phones  Between $100 and $200
3- Premium Business Phones  From $250

My focus is squarely on 2 and possibly 3 if the phones are decent
enough.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT CALL AND SOLICIT ME.  A couple of people have
already tried and it's a real abuse of the listserv.  I already own
Asterisk, some digium equipment, and a production class server for it
and I don't want to buy a box or a service provider's product.  We
prefer to be our service provider.

Brian Greul
Texas Shirt Company
www.txshirts.com