[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone recommendations?

brian at txshirts.com brian at txshirts.com
Wed Dec 29 09:46:50 MST 2004

Ah.... That makes sense.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm so used to thinking of phone as bricks with a wire and handset and
some stress relief buttons.  :)

Your other post about the ATA adapters is dead-on.  Multi-line display
and friends (address book etc) are invaluable.

I thought about going soft-phone.  But I'm not sure I trust our windows
systems that much.  We still have a couple of applications that have us
hogtied to windows.  Evil UPS OnlineWorldship is one such poorly written
application.  Ironic that UPS uses Unix on the backend but won't support
it for clients.  I have about 8 Win9x machines because of that issue.

I'm eyeing a flight from Exchange/Outlook later this year.

And our graphics stuff is all Windows/Adobe based.

I guess the thing with soft-phones is that I'm not sure how stable the
machines are.  It's bad enough to lose your phone or your computer, but
both at once is really spooky.  ;)

On a bright note, we have gigabit everywhere in the building.  So QOS
and bandwidth had better not be an issue internally.  :)

Brian Greul
Texas Shirt Company
www.txshirts.com
713-802-0369 / 713-861-6261 (fax)